'She goes - she goes - she just goes! It's so excellent!'

by tosca on Monday, July 21, 2008



I'm not a fan of Internet Explorer - mostly because I detest the multiple windows. They drive me insane! Especially if I choose to do some of these exercises at work. GRR. At work I don't have a choice. At home I use Mozilla's 'Firefox'. One of the features I enjoy most about using Firefox is that you can have all your little windows open in separate tabs on the one browser page. YAY.

It even has a built-in spellcheck and session restore (which is helpful if you're in the middle of browsing heaps of windows - like I do - and then need to shut down after having re-installed a programme of some sort or another, and it restores all your pages when you're booted up again). Speaking of which, I enjoy their download feature, too, which lets you pause and resume with no hassle.

One of the features I most enjoy, having since started this tutorial, is the use of 'Live Bookmarks'. Now I can have my web feeds on my browser toolbar and and Firefox's live bookmarks automatically keeps track of updates for me. No more logging in to Bloglines (unless I really want to). Just to test this I added four Manukau Libraries new book alerts. YAY ME!

I'm sure there are heaps of reasons why people still prefer IE to Firefox but err other than work I ain't going back. Don't take my word for it! Check it out for yourself on their website. I have been using Firefox for err roughly a year and a half, two years at the most (I think) and haven't had any complaints yet. Well, maybe minor ones but each launch of a newer version seems to take care of that.

Sooo . . . she goes - she goes - she just goes! It's so excellent! For those of you who remember back that far this is the catch-cry of the character to the left *points left* Do you remember 'The Comedy Company' with Kylie Mole? I'm showing my age - I do :0)

2 comments

Her name's on the picture - how's that for excellent librarian detective skillz??! But yes I remember Kylie Mole as well...

by Danielle on July 21, 2008 at 1:33 PM. #

Argh - hey danielle :0)

Edited my post after your comment. She was funny! I've got the first dvd of their show. What a hoot.

by tosca on July 21, 2008 at 1:55 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.