RSS feeds - yes again. . .

by tosca on Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just further on the RSS Feeds - I found them to be a pain in the ass. Finding any that I liked, or might even feel bothered to read, or could be half-heartedly interested in. And therefore picked them at random on funny factor (funny ha-ha AND funny weird). Once I got the hang of subscribin' to 'em it was fine - but opting to share the damned things. GEEZ LOUISE that was a headache and a half. But persistence got me there in the end. I don't have any advice other than scream for help LOL

My sister and I were at a loose end one day and built a pc from one of those kitset things. Damn thing goes like a dream and is my baby - but I found THAT easier than RSS feeds! Go figure.

By the by, my audio clip this week is The Ten Tenors 'Water/Va Pensiero' which is lovely. Tried to find 'Voir sur ton chemin' (from Les Choristes) but didn't have any luck. Next week'll probably be something Priscilla because a group of us went to see it - and YES I have the flashing cocktail glass from my Strawberry Daiquiri to prove it (may post that pic next).

OH and I have a confession: I enjoy reading e-books on my BlackBerry! I love the smell of new books, and I am an avid reader - but nothing beats pickin' up a brand spankin' new title (for CHEAP people) without having to wait for a holds list (and YES I'm rollin' my eyes) of 256 people to get to ME. 'Cause it's all about ME. And if I'm pretty gosh darn certain that it won't get purchased by our library (in spite of the fact we might have all the books in the series BEFORE it) that's even more reason to tout the power of the e-book. BLEAH :0)

And the pic is taken of the set from Alfriston College's 2008 play 'Grimm's Fairy Tales' in which our lovely colleague had a major part. YAY HER :0)

2 comments

Wowzers!!! Where do you find the time! Did you go to Grimms at Alfriston? I bought a ticket but was unable to make it to the Wednesday night performance. Bummer.

by UgahBugah on July 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM. #

I saw Shelley and Russell! And Tianau, too :) Was almost like the old days (cue tear) sniff sniff LOL We went to see Nuala 'cause she works with us. It was gooood ;)

by tosca on July 3, 2008 at 4:51 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.