Getting not-so technical with Technorati - Part III

by tosca on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yes, apparently there is a sequel! Again. I use Internet Explorer at work (not my choice - not much I can do about it) and definitely want to get a bookmarklet on this browser so I can tag-Technorati. Which is where Andrew Beacock's bookmarklet came in handy. It is aptly named 'Oddiophile's Rather Fab Technorati Bookmarklet'.

I have a step-by-step process for how to save it to your Favorites and then use it.

Click on this link and you should see 'Oddiophile's Rather Fab Technorati Bookmarklet' in light purple text. Right click and 'Add to Favorites'.

Step 1: Right click the bookmarklet link and select 'Add as Favorites'.

Step 2: A message will display that adding to Favorites may not be safe. Click OK to continue (hey, my computer hasn't blown up yet).

Step 3: Select to add to your Links folder.

Step 4. Click on 'Favorites' in your toolbar above and the sidebar will open. Click on your 'Links' folder and you will see that Oddiophile's bookmarklet is now added. Click on this link.

Step 5: A dialogue box asking you to 'Enter tags' pops up.

Step 6: Enter relevant tags, such as: web2.0 learning2.0 manukau technorati tag bookmarklets and click OK

Step 7. Immediately you will notice your tag entries have changed to goobledygook (ok, it's not, but to the uninitiated like me it is). Right click, select copy and then paste into the bottom of your blog post. To prove it, check out my tags at the bottom!

This is so easy that I can do it - so you should be able to, too! So give it a go - any problems and it's all your fault. Either that or I'm horribly wrong OR you broke your browser LOL Umm probably just a word of warning, don't open the bookmarklet while you're in your post - mine just tried to re-route me, so opened it in another page instead. Is that normal? How would I know!

Remember, be careful out there . . .

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.