'The love of a family...

by tosca on Tuesday, May 4, 2010

...is life's greatest blessing.'
~ Author unknown


However irritating they might be! It's Tuesday which means this is a 'My family & other animals post' which is, of course, my chance to share something my family (siblings, parents, nephews & niece - none of them are safe) did/said that is totally worth repeating :) Pic is of Kalani, taken 3 years ago today. Whoa. Lots of chicken and taro later, he's filled out a bit more.

I'm a Doctor Who fanatic and, because they're over a lot, so are my nephews: Mr. 6 (Kalani), Mr. 11 (Jaxin) and Mr. 12 (Markhiem). The following is a conversation Kalani and I had on Sunday when introducing him to the concept of a new Doctor Who.



Kalani: Where's the old one?
Tosca: He had to...
Kalani: Die?
Tosca: No. Regenerate.
Kalani: But the Ood said he had to die.
Tosca: He didn't. Well he kinda did. No he didn't...
Kalani: He did or he didn't?
Tosca: Both.
Kalani: What? That don't make sense.
Tosca: It doesn't have to! It's the Doctor!
Kalani: Stop yelling!
Tosca: I'm not yelling! *by this time I'm yelling* Argh!
Kalani: So where's the old one?
Tosca: *in a tight voice* I told you - he's gone. The new one's starting. Remember? We re-watched the last one earlier today.
Kalani: Well, I want the old one.
Tosca: Too bad! You've got this one. Just watch it - you might enjoy it.
Kalani: No, I won't. He's got big ears.
Tosca: So did Christopher Eccleston!
Kalani: Yeah, but I liked him. This one looks girly.
Tosca: He's not a girl.

Kalani: He looks like one.
Tosca: He's not...forget it.
Silence for a full minute
Kalani: So where's the old one?
Tosca: Where's your mother - GRR!

Needless to say, I watched the pilot for Doctor Who season 5 on my lonesome *sigh* Watched it, loved it, want to marry it and can't wait till the next episode. Mr. 12 is still on the fence. Mr. 11 gave it two thumbs up :)

5 comments

Aaaaah, the questioning child. The child who won't take any answer for an answer.

You'll be pleased to know that they never grow out of it, apparently... :S

by BookieMonster on May 5, 2010 at 8:40 AM. #

The child who must be silenced. Kidding!

Ugh - that's not a recommendation to me to have children that they don't grow out of it LOL

by tosca on May 5, 2010 at 5:06 PM. #

This comment has been removed by the author.

by tosca on May 5, 2010 at 5:06 PM. #

Just love how it reads 'Comment deleted : This post has been removed by the author.' D'OH. I was the author and I stupidly posted my comment twice. Aww good times. NOT.

by tosca on May 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM. #

Oh. I thought someone said something terribly offensive and then thought better of it. This story's not nearly as interesting.

Yes, well 12 year old is of the "why, where, when, how, and now I'll go back to why because I wasn't satisfied with your first answer" variety. Eek.

by BookieMonster on May 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.