'The family. We were a strange little band of characters...

by tosca on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

...trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.'

~ Erma Bombeck, 1927-1996, American humourist and columnist

In this post, the common thread is Doctor Who. Sometimes, though, you'd like to take that common thread and wrap it around their ears and string them up from the nearest street light, geez. This is a double up post because I was 1) too lazy and 2) too grumpy at siblings to write one up last night - you know how it is with siblings: can't kill 'em, can't bury the bodies deep enough!



My family and other animals
I've been mining Kalani's brain for Top 5 Goodies for our work blog (what a scary and dangerous place that is). His most recent list was his 'Top 5 Doctor Who episodes' - the kid is a major fanatic. He dictated his list to me, I yanked the relevant details out of our catalogue and then he gave me his reasons for why he liked each episode. I took exception to his telling the blogosphere that I sob my little heart out while watching Doctor Who episodes (although work friends & family know I cry at ads, tv series, books, movies, etc). I had promised him that his comments would be wholly his own, and in his own natural language (and considering sometimes how 'fresh' he can get I'm lucky it wasn't worse). The following is a snippet of that conversation:

Kalani:*dictating to Tosca* ...and you cried really loud.
Tosca:*stops typing* No way.
Kalani: But you said!
Tosca: Yeah but not that.
Kalani: But you said!
Tosca: Fine. No more lists from you grr.
Kalani:Fine. No more hugs for you.
Tosca: Strangely, I can live with that.

The end result:
Episode: The end of time - part two
Kalani's note: Sad - the Doctor visits all his friends to say goodbye. Tosca cried really loud.


The above conversation saw us confirming, once again, that all of his Top 5 list comments will remain unedited. No matter what *gulp*

Book titles/images that catch my eye/funny bone
My Wednesday posts are usually oddball book titles etc. (and intermittent ones at that) but I've decided to make it book titles/images that catch my eye (for whatever reason - maybe no reason at all). So here's today's image - courtesy of Passive Aggressive Notes. Some days I want to hang this around my neck:

One comment

As directed - have posted comment on Kalani's list...
My list as at November was here: http://themadnessofhamsters.blogspot.com/2009/11/friday-favs.html

by Madhamster on June 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.