'There is a bit of insanity in dancing...

by tosca on Thursday, June 3, 2010

...that does everybody a great deal of good.'
~ Edwin Denby

It's Thursday (right up until midnight, anyway) and this is my 'video clip of the week' post. And it's a good 'un! Yes, I would say that, because I like it and this is my blog so I can do that ;)

Two words: Ricardo Montalban. If I had to add another word it'd be: Rroowwwwr! What do you mean that's not a word? GTFOH. Watch this clip and THEN tell me that it's not a word LOL



When I was a kid, gran used to love watching ballroom dancing competitions on tv and sometimes, when visiting her, we'd sit and watch it together. She was a harsh judge. As an adult I know damn well that I have all the rhythm of a dying fish but I console myself with the fact that to hear the music, and to feel it, is more than enough to understand it. Sometimes, though, I can't help thinking that if I had rhythm too...well, wow me. Perhaps if I'd had Senor Montalban as a dance instructor, as Ms. Moreno and Ms. Turner do here, it might have been screeds more fun. I heart the contrast between the fiery style of Moreno and the cool, calm Turner. Personally, I prefer Rita Moreno - isn't she just fabulously beautiful?? And oooohhh, '...in the stable.' Scandalous :) Enough about me - on to Ricardo!



One comment

Oooh, nice! Love the choreography and the costumes. And those cool hanging lights in the back, I want some of those. And a band, yeah I want it all!

by bobinrob on June 4, 2010 at 8:36 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.