'Books are...

by tosca on Wednesday, June 2, 2010

...the blessed chloroform of the mind.'
- Robert Chambers

Oohh it's Wednesday! That means this post is an image/book title that caught my eye. I have a good one and I'm half serious/half jest about the question it raises in my mind. I like the title because you don't get this particular ethnicity much. I've also requested this book but it seems I have a bit of a wait. Apparently lots of other women want to read about the ribald Russian ;)



Title: Ruthless Russian, lost innocence
Author: Chantelle Shaw
Publisher: Harlequin Mills & Boon
Year: 2010

Synopsis: Violinist Ella Stafford isn’t used to parties, so it’s little wonder she’s overwhelmed by brooding Russian Vadim Aleksandrov! The throbbing, raw attraction takes fragile English beauty Ella out of her depth... and into his arms! Soon she finds herself sharing his Mediterranean villa, attending glamorous parties and showered with luxuries. Ella should feel elated. Yet there is darkness in Vadim’s past that even Ella’s virginal sweetness cannot penetrate. But will the baby she’s carrying force him to learn to love? -- Publisher description.

It's not often that I see a Russian (let alone a brooding one at that). I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen them pop up in Mills & Boon novels. Is it that they're not counted as being sexy/hot enough? That's one question. The other is how come I've never seen a Charming Czechoslovakian (buggar trying to type that all the frickin' time, geez)? Or a Hung Hungarian? Really I tried to think of something else instead of 'hung' but got caught up on it. Too much? Yeah, too much. Sorry. I'd pay good money (or give up my dinosaur lollies for a week) to maybe see a Vehement Venezuelan or even a Pungent Puerto Vallartan (ok, now I really am yanking your chain).

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.