Things wot I liked on YouTube

by tosca on Monday, March 12, 2012

"And was this therapy successful in that you were able to suppress your homosexuality?"
"Nope, I was just as gay as when I started."

~ 8, a play about California Proposition 8

A twitter friend flicked me a link to a YouTube clip of the star-studded Prop 8 (as in California Proposition 8, more commonly known as California's gay marriage ban) play which, until that point, I'd only read about. The play is based, pretty much, around the trial's closing arguments. I watched it. I liked it. I don't know how long the link will be up, so I'll enjoy it while it is.

Thanks, Kylie, for the link :)



P.S. Have changed the blog. I'm feeling minimalist at the moment, and this may be the closest I get to it. No doubt a few months down the track I'll change it again. Meh.

2 comments

I think your blog looks great.

I watched the live broadcast of this video and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Recommend.

by Anonymous on March 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM. #

I think my blog went from one extreme to another. This one doesn't hurt my eyes, though. I think it's a keeper :)

I remember sitting in the airport at St. Louis, Missouri three years ago and watching news coverage of Prop 8 and wondering when and how, as a people, we got to the point where we thought we could arbitrarily decide who could and couldn't get married. Crazy world.

by tosca on March 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.