"Music was my refuge...

by tosca on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

...I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
~ Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name


What fucking genius came up with this combination of musicians? Because I'd like to meet him. I surely would. Shake his hand. Maybe buy him a drink. Or her. Or they. Whatever. Whoever it was. I can see it now, they're sitting around one day contemplating string theory and the meaning of life and then, suddenly, they go, 'Holy shit! What would happen if we chucked Chris Thile, Yo Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer and Stuart Duncan IN THE SAME ROOM?' Et voila, THIS is what happens. Magic times a zillion. Here's a combination of musicians I'd pay blood to see. (I say that not believing in vampires. If such a thing exists, however, I'd like to take that statement back, please and thank you). Also, NPR Music's YouTube channel? *swoons* FULL OF WIN. They've introduced me to so many new artists I'd never have heard about otherwise. And so! The clip.



That is all.

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.