A thing that'd make me cry were it a Lifetime Channel movie where some person died of some awful disease but, instead, it makes my heart heavy

by tosca on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The title of this post is, appropriately (??), 'A thing that'd make me cry were it a Lifetime Channel movie where some person died of some awful disease but, instead, it makes my heart heavy.' It is true. Every word. If somewhat longwinded. (As usual). My lifelong geek dream is to attend a San Diego Comic-Con. I'd love to be able to experience the spectacle of it. That, combined with being able to see the Supernatural cast (because you can bet I would) is enough to make it high up on my OHMYGOD I'd Die If I Never Got To Do This list. I've often heard it referred to as the 'Nerdy Olympics' and, considering my clumsiness and awkwardness when it comes to actual sport, I'm ok with that. I suspect that my being able to attend is going to remain nought but a constant on my wishlist for a very long time to come. As Mary Sue (the website) wrote, "Nerd Girl Problem #17: Your main goal in life is to get to Comic-Con." It's true. That is my biggest nerd girl problem. It's just not about to happen any time soon. Tickets sell out way too fast. (To be specific, they sold out in the time it takes for an episode of Doctor Who to screen). I tossed around ways in which I might actually get to Comic-Con and, really, all I could think of was that I would have to write some fantastical screenplay/book/series that would knock the socks off of somebody somewhere and get me featured as a guest. Yeah, nah. Ain't gonna happen.

So, I have a couple of choices: I can sit and cry about it, or I can get over it and find something else to fixate on. (At least until 2013, anyway). I'll be honest, I briefly mourned the fact that I wouldn't attend Comic-Con this year and then, just the other night, I decided that I would attend a Supernatural Convention in Toronto, Canada later this year. If my main reason for attending is to see and hear the cast of Supernatural, then that's what I'll do. I've never been to Canada. I've always wanted to ever since I saw Due South as a teen. I want a picture of a Mountie IN hat WITH a horse. Probably near impossible to see but that's what I want. Well, that and Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki. Failing bringing them home in my luggage, I'll settle for a pic of a Mountie please and thank you. Roll on October!

Image from Chron.com

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.