'For some moments in life...

by tosca on Monday, July 4, 2011

...there are no words.'
~ David Seltzer in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory


In which the death of a child makes Tosca somewhat sad and reflective. Or something.



Over the weekend my first-cousin's two month old baby died of cot death. None of us understand the how or why of it. Even if we did I'm not sure that understanding would lessen the hurt or confusion any. This is the first death of any of the great grandchildren and we're all feeling it - my nieces and nephews, my siblings and first-cousins and my dad and his siblings, too. I'm going to take some time off tomorrow to go and sit with Linda and the baby. I have no idea what to say but I figure that at a time like this she doesn't need me to talk.

Moe mai ra, Nga Whetu TeAho Rehua, i raro i te korowai aroha o te Atua runga rawa.

One comment

I have no words either, my heart breaks for your family. Sending you all much love.

by Selina on July 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.