'A book is a gift you can open...

by tosca on Sunday, July 3, 2011

...again and again.'
~ Garrison Keillor


In which Tosca shares a book cover that may never get opened, ever ever ever, because she's sure women everywhere will die happy just looking at the cover. Or something like that.



It's Saturday so this is a 'Book cover of the week' post so, you know, here's a book cover. A couple weeks back I clicked on a link a fellow romance reader shared on Twitter and saw the romance novel cover to end all romance novel covers. I spent two full on minutes in awed silence. Not pervy silence. Well, maybe not totally. But awe because there is absolutely no ambiguity about this cover at all. I know exactly what I'm going to get out of this book: hot-naked manliness, explicit sex and ice hockey (not figure skating on ice, but ice hockey - huge difference). Totally worth sharing.

Taking a shot by Jaci Burton

2 comments

Umm...it's Sunday not Saturday. I just realised. Spent all day yesterday half asleep and so missed what day it was. But, you know, this is my blog so it can be whatever the hell day I think it is. Bleah.

by tosca on July 3, 2011 at 12:14 PM. #

Yeah, I celebrate my BS mistakes!

I go between seeing the guy as sexy and thinking he looks like he'd feel like bark if you touched him.

Man, there has to be a way to develop a market of pulp erotica for men that isn't sleazy or for gay dudes.

There's plenty of erotic literature from the male perspective where the female characters are complex and interesting individuals (and admittedly yet more where they're degraded objects) but once you go down the pulp end it's either pseudoliberated hypocrisy like Playboy or it's a series of emotionless descriptions worthy of a medical procedure textbook.

OK, rant over.

by Anonymous on July 3, 2011 at 7:21 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.