It's no surprise to me I am my own worst enemy...

by tosca on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I adore the visual cacophany that is Twitter. It moves at such a furiously fast pace and at any time you can jump on (and in) and see links (and people, comments, statements, and discussions) that are ordinary, amazing, sad, inspiring, ridiculous and whatever other label you can think to slap on it. Each crazily beautiful in its own way. Where others find noise and chaos, I see a playground of infinite ideas and possibilities to both feed OFF OF and INTO. Half the fun is putting it all in some kind of context I can understand and work with, and then sharing it or using it to shape a half-formed post or thought. (In my head it's all a giant puzzle just waiting to be solved). Sometimes, though, I find it hard to shut my brain down, and so I end up overdosing a little (ok, a lot), and end up feeling slightly burnt out. Like maybe now.

My problem is that I find Twitter far too engaging for my own good because it's full of brilliantly magical people who talk about wondrously fabulous THINGS and CONCEPTS and who attend stunningly awesome EVENTS and GIGS and I feel like I need to/want to/have to see it all. Which is so much bullshit because I don't. I have two speeds: hell for leather enthusiastic about everything OR I want to sleep. I don't seem to have an in between. I need to learn to switch off. Which is what I'm doing, hence this post. I'm going offline for at least the rest of this week. Realistically, it'll be closer to two or three weeks. My tone this week has been a little bit 'off' and I feel like I've lost my mojo. Granted, my 'style' (and I use that word loosely) on my personal stream is somewhat madcap and #randomasbro (yes, I put a hashtag in there) and I don't filter my thoughts (I figure if people don't like me or my style they can unfollow - I would never hold that against them) BUT I feel like it's been a little more bizarreballs than usual. Which means it's time to disappear for a bit until I get my groove back. (Sure, I'm Stella, I mean why not?).

I'll be updating our work streams as usual (albeit in a more focused way than I've been doing for the last fortnight), so I'll be around in a professional sense. I just won't be responding to everything on my personal streams as often/as quickly as I usually do. Some of you have my email, some my cell phone number - feel free to use them. If you don't have either of those and need them, leave a comment or message me on Twitter and I'll flick you my details. Otherwise, lovely people, I'll catch you on the flip side. Do EVERYTHING I wouldn't do and remember: pics or it didn't happen.

(Post title is a lyric from Lit's song "My own worst enemy")

One comment

Eeegads! My tweet stream is bereft of your awesomeness :(

And btw, had totally not noticed anything "off" with your tone. I shall miss your inspiring, witty, wise, and sometimes wacky tweets!

by wellreadkitty on November 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.