Day 3 of almost being without Twitter

by tosca on Friday, November 9, 2012

Sibling watching me highlight passages in my 'journal.'
Sibling: Is that your new Twitter?
Me: *colouring in* Shut your face *silence* Yes.

You know that moment where you make a decision that you think is a good one, and then it turns out to be kinda crap but you're stubborn times infinity and therefore not prepared to admit you were wrong? That.

I miss the vibrancy of Twitter. I miss the funny people, the quickness of conversations and topics, the ability to bounce ideas back and forth and either share them or refine them or help others with theirs. I miss talking about libraries and ways to make them stronger and/or more relevant. I miss talking about zombies and James Bond and Supernatural. I miss movie/song recommendations and bookish chatter. I miss the ALL of it.

One thing I've noticed just over the last couple of days is that I'm having fewer random IRL (in real life) conversations. Before, I would have approached anyone and everyone and started all kinds of discussions about whatever. I've always kinda felt that I am online as I am IRL - loud, opinionated, quick talking, rarely rational, quick to cry over books/films/pictures of fluffy babies or animals, and with ideas kinda spewing out at nineteen to the dozen. It's almost like my stopping in one place (Twitter) means that it automatically follows that I'd stop IRL as well. Is that strange? Talk about drama llama *rolls eyes* I am queueing up work blog posts like a woman possessed, so yay, there's that. Journal pages below of my brain mostly without Twitter.

Fin.

Diary - Day 3 - Page 1

Diary - Day 3 - Page 2

Diary - Day 3 - Page 3

Random page from Day 2 because:

  • THAT TEXT?
  • THAT SHIRT!
  • Diary - Day 2 - Page 2

    5 comments

    Sibling: Why are the BABIES fluffy?
    Me: Because Teen Wolf *blink blink* So, like, Derek and Stiles fall in love and then get married and then decide that BABIES need to happen and then because Derek's a werewolf...
    Sibling: You need help

    by tosca on November 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM. #

    Fifty shades of WTF - ha ha ha.

    by bobinrob on November 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM. #

    Yes! And that post will go out tomorrow on our Top 5 blog. It's called something like "Top 5 shades of Fifty Shades" :)

    by tosca on November 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM. #

    Twitter misses you too! Come back, come back :) love love that tshirt btw ;)

    by Kelly M on November 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM. #

    @Kelly - popped in last night, briefly. Helped Nellie find a book, responded to a few msgs and disappeared again. I can't wait until this self-imposed exile is over. I can't even remember why I did it, geez LOL

    by tosca on November 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM. #

    Leave your comment

    Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.