'Humor is merely tragedy...

by tosca on Thursday, August 26, 2010

...standing on its head with its pants torn.'
~ Irvin S. Cobb


I'm as fond of a laugh as the next person and, depending on who's standing beside you, maybe even more fond than is ordinarily acceptable (although I dare you to define 'ordinarily acceptable' pfft). So when colleagues send me hilarious book titles and hoot-out-loud-with-laughter video links well, what else am I meant to do but spread she giggles? This is a combination post of a video link/book title because hey, I can. That and I was far too lazy to do so last night after quiz night (where, I might add, we kicked some geek butt).



VIDEO CLIP OF THE WEEK: The video is thanks to Danielle (Website Guru here in Digital Services) and when I watched it today she had to listen to me snorting and giggling and choking - a riveting sight, to be sure. It's a Star Trek redubbing and all I can say after this is, 'Jesus is a raisin.' Watch it and all will become clear...



BOOK TITLE/COVER: Sent to me byAnnie , who is even more of a Bookaholic Extraordinaire than I am! Sent to me, I might add, while I was participating in a national teleconference and had to stifle all chuckling/guffawing. Dirty pool, Annie! It's total squee for someone like moi who enjoys romance titles in all their gloriousness :)

Title: The playboy sheikh's virgin stable-girl
Author: Sharon Kendrick
Synopsis: Polo-playing sheikh Prince Kaliq Al'Farisi loves his women as much as his horses. They're wild, willing, and he's their master! Stable girl Eleni is a local Calistan. Raised by her brutal father on the horse-racing circuit, she feels unlovable. When her precious horses are given to Sheikh Kaliq, she refuses to be parted from them. The playboy sheikh is determined to bed Eleni - and when Kaliq realizes she's a virgin, the challenge only becomes more interesting...

How could I NOT want to request this book with that title???

2 comments

That's what friends are for...
Sean started it!
And, I've convinced (without much effort) a non-romance reader to get this one out - she can't wait! It sounds sooo bad!

by Madhamster on August 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM. #

PS - thanks to you, I've requested Unbuttoned by her maverick boss!
I'm wallowing in dodgy romances this month!

by Madhamster on August 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.