Things you need in your life at 2 am...

by tosca on Monday, April 9, 2012

...or something a little like it, anyway.

Most nights I can't sleep. And then some weekends I do nothing but sleep. Go figure. For the nights when I can't sleep I have a fanfic soundtrack that I like to listen to over and over. It contains acoustic songs/performances that are all quite introspective. Some nights, though, it isn't quite enough. So I play in YouTube. This clip is one of those finds. Lisa Hannigan (Irish singer) performing on NPR Music's channel, in particular their Tiny Desk Concerts. In this performance she plays a ukulele, a guitar and a mandolin (not all at the same time, I'd like to point out), and is joined partway through by John Smith. Yes, that *is* his actual name. Her voice is like oh. I've requested anything/everything we have of hers at work.

Maybe the next time you find yourself wide awake at 2am because you can't get to sleep, you could try Lisa, like I have been.

She said Bird, why? I said Bird, why?
Oh my satellite, oh my passenger

- Passenger by Lisa Hannigan

P.S. Her mandolin looks like mine! Only she plays it better :)

3 comments

That's it, I'm restringing mine (which doesn't look nearly so flash).

by Anonymous on April 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM. #

hey Tosca

I have immediately ordered everything i can get my hands on after reading your Lisa Hannigan post. If you like her you will probably also love Jess Chambers...but then you prob "disocovered" her a zillion years ago!!!

by Anonymous on May 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM. #

Until your comment, I had NEVER heard of Jess Chambers. So I requested anything/everything we had. She's lovely! Thank you for the recommendation :) And most definitely feel free to leave more whenever heh

by tosca on June 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.