"Sous le dôme épais où le blanc jasmin...

by tosca on Monday, April 2, 2012

...A la rose s'assemble
Sur la rive en fleurs riant au matin..."
Lakmé, by Léo Delibes


Confession: I like opera. And it's got nothing to do with my name. If anything, Tosca is the least of my favourites. (Although she was a vengeful woman and that I can get behind). My most favourite opera ever is La Bohème by Giacomo Puccini. That's not to say I don't like anything else. I do. Just not in their entirety. Usually certain songs, more than anything else. Such as the one in today's clip.

Joan Sutherland & Huguette Tourangeau in Lakmé by Léo Delibes. In particular the Flower Duet (1976). Cliche, I know. So sue me.



This is going to be playing in my head all day.

One comment

My fav opera song is Nessun Dorma - again, a cliche. I'm much more a tenor listener than soprano...
My fav opera-related book is 'Turandot'by Marianna Mayer & illustrated by Winslow Pels. Glorious illustrations.

by Madhamster on April 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.