'A heart that yearns...

by tosca on Thursday, June 23, 2011

...be careful.'
~ Special Agent Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks


In which Tosca feels slightly nostalgic and yearns for the days when she and Kyle MacLachlan (as very Special Agent Dale Cooper) were younger. Much younger. Like twenty years younger. And somewhat dumber. Ok, a lot dumber, but hey, that's life. And besides, know me before you judge me. Two video clips courtesy of YouTube: one from Twin Peaks and a Barenaked Ladies music video.



I loved the tv series Twin Peaks. Most especially the dynamics between Special Agent Dale Cooper and Audrey Horne, as played by Kyle MacLachlan and Sherilyn Fenn. If ever an onscreen couple gave me great yearnage (mine and Danielle's made up term meaning intense longing and yearning that is never realised) it was these two. Truthfully, I only watched the series for those brief moments that saw them interacting. If fanfic had been back around then - maybe it was and I just hadn't gotten around to it - I would've shipped it. Hard. Meaning, I guess, that even back then I was in it for the romance. Quick clip of when Dale Cooper and Audrey meet for the first time. She has no clue, really, of her impact on Cooper (egad, imagine if she did!) and his first reaction to her is ten kinds of awesome. And don't bother to point out to me that she's still at school so it couldn't have gone anywhere. In my imagination? He waits for her to grow up and then it goes *everywhere.* Oh and no rude jokes that he likes her grapefruit freshly squeezed :)



Barenaked Ladies *sigh* I don't even have the words to describe how much I enjoy their music in general, and this version of One week in particular.


4 comments

Kyle was pretty cute. Sherilynn Fenn plays "bad girl" ok, I guess.

I watched for Ray Wise though - he's a masterful performer.

by Anonymous on June 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM. #

EEP! No he was way scary!

by tosca on June 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM. #

I find it so hilarious and endearing that you've discovered fic (Yes, I realize you discovered it a good while ago but I never expressed my total amusement to you until now).

And don't worry, fic has been around in big ways since the 60s - and definitely before then, if you think of say, Dante's Inferno being technically rpf about Virgil and Homer and other authors (Dante totally looooooves Virgil, don't make me bust out my quotes).

oh why not.

“I perched on those vast shoulders:
I wanted to say, ‘Hold me tight,’
But found my voice wouldn’t come.
But he who helped me up before
In other dangers, after I was up
He held me steady with his arms…”
Canto 17 lines 91-96

etc etc etc i have so many more

/pointless comment

by Mina Rosenrot on June 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM. #

LMAO You're the only person I know who would call Dante's Inferno RPF

by tosca on July 2, 2011 at 12:48 AM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.