OMG - the Gaiman cometh!

by tosca on Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I have just heard that Neil Gaiman is coming to New Zealand. I heard it in Twitter so...like...it must be true, right?

I was hanging out on Twitter and saw that @bookiemonsternz had a new blog post up and took a peek at it and almost started screaming and then fired back a cool response: OMG@bookiemonsternz is that for real?! Is @neilhimself coming to NZ?! (how cool and unflustered was I? Huh?)

And she was all like: @Manukau_Libs Would I lie to you? Would I? Nopes, I would not. :)

I go: OMG I so gotta go! @Manukau_Libs is going to be there. With bells on :) #NZFest2010 - Town Hall Talk: Neil Gaiman - http://bit.ly/3Cltom

Now all of us NZ-librarians/libraries/library assistants are discussing the wonder that is @neilhimself. I'm so excited I could pee my pants. Although I won't. But I could!

I've already put in for annual leave and told my boss just now. YAY ME I'm going to see the Gaiman. Hopefully he doesn't cancel *gulps*

I heart him much *sigh*

4 comments

I'm working on getting there, too!

by Madhamster on November 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM. #

So I'm all ZOMG I just found this post, and you should totally have tweeted it to me.

Because despite the fact I sound about 14, I was still excited to see my name in print, as it were.

And to hear that you won't pee your pants, though it would demonstrate a certain commitment to the Neil-love. :D

by BookieMonster on November 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM. #

BookieMonster - God's pyjamas (I have 'stolen' this term from @stephenfry) if you sound 14 then I sound about 6 LOL

by tosca on November 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM. #

I think I may try to restart using "Zounds".

Except in ALL CAPS like ZOMG, so ZOUNDS.

It does sound like something @stephenfry would say, admittedly whilst in character.

But it's less "and then I said, and then she said, and then I went and then I was like ZOMG".

by BookieMonster on November 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.