'Driver picks the music...

by tosca on Wednesday, September 7, 2011

...shotgun shuts his cakehole.'
~ Dean (played by Jensen Ackles) to Sam (played by Jared Padalecki) in Supernatural, pilot episode


In which Tosca posts out of order, with the wrong topic on the wrong day, about something that isn't even remotely related to libraries and/or books. Quite possibly isn't funny, either, but I love it and that's all that matters. In fact, it's an REO Speedwagon clip/Supernatural reference. Why? Because I can.



I love the tv show Supernatural and anyone who follows me on Twitter, Facebook and even IRL (in real life) will know this. I love it for a bunch of reasons that are too numerous to name here. Sure, it's got two very goodlooking lead actors - Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki - but that's probably low down on my 'Top 10 reasons I adore Supernatural so much I want to sell my kidney for tickets to next year's Comic-Con to see/meet the cast' list. Near the top would be something like 'monsters' and 'family' and 'quintessential good vs. evil' and 'pop culture references' and, weirdly, 'best quotes ever' too. The soundtrack is definitely a huge bonus. All that 'classic rock' as my nephew calls it. And the hokey ballad stuff, too. Such as this clip below which is REO Speedwagon's Can't fight this feeling complete with big hair and all :) It was used in a scene in an episode of Supernatural which went something like this (although don't take my word for it, you can check it out on YouTube for yourself):




Jo: What?
Dean: REO Speedwagon?
Jo: Damn right, REO. Kevin Cronin sings it from the heart.
Dean: He sings it from the hair. There's a difference.

Personally, I think he sang it from the heart which just happened to be accompanied by huge hair, too. On second thought, maybe it's not funny to anyone but me. I can live with that.

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.