Best teen non-fiction read this week...

by tosca on Friday, October 23, 2009

...spotted this gem in Cataloguing yesterday - so I nicked it for the day - and wowsers am really liking it. What is it? Glad you asked, it's 'I can't keep my own secrets: six-word memoirs by teens famous & obscure' and is edited by Smith Magazine. I'd already read 'Not quite what I was planning: six-word memoirs by writers famous and obscure' edited by Rachel Fershleiser and Larry Smith - an adult version of the teen one.

You'll find everything from the funny to the sad to the ridiculous to the moving and everywhere in between. Here's a quick sample:

  • Jesus saves, my ass. Comma justified. by Hali H.
  • Couldn't sing so played the drums by Rachel M.
  • Making paper cranes, need the luck by Zoe K.
I reviewed it very briefly on our library website WHICH by the way, looks a tad bit different than when I was blogging aaaages ago (yeah, got busy, too busy to blog, so sue me). If you haven't checked it out then now is as good a time as any. Most especially check out our Reviews section. I like it much. Shoot - when did I learn to blog so brief?!? When I wasn't looking. D'OH.

A lot of our staff are briefly reviewing books for our website. OH JOY. That's not sarcasm. I really am chuffed - it's just that I'm alwys so cynical it's hard to tell the difference. But OH JOY.

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.