Alive and kicking - Fri 27th Feb, 10:30am

by tosca on Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just a quick post - I'm fine =) Yes, there was a shooting on Mardi Gras and no I was nowhere near it. In fact, I didn't even hear about it until I switched the late night news. About freaked out EEP! It was up in the Garden District or Uptown. Then, just yesterday, there was an attempted kidnapping. A young man was taken from Jefferson Parish (I went through there yesterday) and was taken to a home in Algiers Point (where I was just the other day), or perhaps it was the other way around. Once again, I did not hear about until I switched on the late night news. There was also a sexual attack in Audubon Park and, once again, I was nowhere near there and am fine. Umm, the late night news seems to be where I hear everything.

MAHONY: Yo, there will be NO wake. I repeat - NO WAKE hah :-)

The ads here in America crack me up, big time. There are so many Medical Alert restaurants, there's also numerous dating ads (e-Harmony is one I can remember) and, believe it or not, Online Booty Call. I kid you not! When I get some time I'll post some links to the adverts. They're an experience and a half.

It's roughly 10:30am and in half an hour Stanley, the driver that Banana Courtyard uses (and he's SO nice and gives you heaps of info on the local spots and people of interest), will drop me off at the Amtrak station here in New Orleans. And then, about 10:00pm I will pull in to Memphis where I'll be for the next four days. So, the next time you hear from me I'll be bloggin' it up in Memphis!

4 comments

I hear Paul Simon in my head... have a fab time! Missing ya...

by Madhamster on February 28, 2009 at 12:18 PM. #

Hope you enjoyed Amtrak!!!

by Anonymous on March 2, 2009 at 9:09 AM. #

Enjoying reading your entries . All the best . Mark

by table cloth shirt on March 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM. #

Enjoying your entertaining posts, glad your safe n sound & having fun

by Teddyree on March 4, 2009 at 9:52 PM. #

Leave your comment

Kia ora! Have a comment or suggestion to make? Then speak now or forever hold your peace.